Spring is approaching, there is a little hop, skip and a jump in the air! The warmer days are slowly becoming more frequent - any excuse to get out into the garden!
Jobs For The Month
- Do your tools need a tidy up? Does anything need replacing? Now, is the time to get organised, ready for the year ahead!
- If your lawn is lack lustre, reseed where required.
- A tidy garden, will make a happy garden so ensure you cut back and straighten those hedges.
March’s Garden Highlights
- Looking Good This Month:
Prunus ‘Kojo no Mai’
- Top Tip:
As your Daffodils turn over, remove the flowerhead and leave the foliage to die back naturally.
What To Watch
- The typical British weather is warm and wet, of course this will cause the weeds to pop-up!
- Don't forget to deadhead your Hydrangeas to allow for new growth - cut to about one third of last seasons growth.
- If there are parts of your garden that are becoming congested, divide and replant your perennials.
- It's a good time to cut back deciduous grasses to allow for new growth.