It's true, a tidy garden is a happy garden! It's very chilly outside, so try to work on the theory of little and often. If you have a frozen lawn, it is advised to stay off it to prevent any damage.
Jobs For The Month
- If the ground is not frozen, there is nothing stopping you from still planting those Tulips!
- It's beneficial to deadhead any Winter bedding to encourage a longer flowering period.
- If tubs and containers are dry, you can plant evergreen shrubs.
December’s Garden Highlights
- Looking Good This Month:
Helleborus, Christmas Box and Mahonia Soft Caress
- Top Tip:
It's important to keep and eye out for structural damage to fences, sheds and poles. And, remember to check roofs are waterproof and leak free!
What To Watch
- Try to protect shrubs and trees as much as possible against snow and wind - stakes, ties and guards are readily available.
- Plan ahead, be aware and make a note of an area in the garden where further planting is required. Planning now means you are ready for after the frosts.